Friday, September 02, 2005

Today went very well IMO. Although we did get 9 names on the board and two with checks beside them (indicating increasing consequences such as sitting inside during recess). Really though most of the teaching went pretty well.

I took my guitar and the kids loved that. First we sang the song "Older" by They Might Be Giants. If you're not a familiar it's a fun, silly song. Then we sang a little song I made up about latitude and longitude. Pretty cheesy but it's catchy and I think it will really stick in their heads.

I also had them doing more cooperative stuff today, working together on assignments and that seems to be a very effective type of thing if done right. I'll try to do that a lot more I think.

We're going into a 3 day weekend now for labor day. I'm going to go up to the school on Monday. I'm actually relieved to have that day to get some things done. It will be nice. My wife has to work anyway.

As I sit here and think about it though I have SO much stuff I need to do. I may be up there for a while on Monday.

Well, I'm out. Sorry no entertaining stories today. Have a good holiday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home