Monday, November 14, 2005

Sorry about no post on Friday. I came home from work and we left almost immediately to go out of town for the weekend.

We started off this morning in morning assembly with the third graders performing part of some show they're doing. Apparently it's patriotic. They did an interpretive performance to Lee Greenwood's "I'm Proud to be an American." Now don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty patriotic guy and I love America and all, but the cynic in me just can't help cringe when that song starts up and there's a performance involved because, well...it's just a cheesy song and any performances accompanying it are sure to be cheesy as well...and it was. There was lots of holding and waving of flags.

Today in science one of my groups was making a poster about arthropods that informed the viewer that "Insests have 6 legs." No comment.

Today was a really good day. Only two names on the board and we had fun I think. Today during our group project time one of my kids just turns to the other and kind of punches him under his chin for no reason. The other kid got a bloody lip outta the deal. I don't know what it is with these kids but occasionally they just decide to do something totally out there like that. Like the time a couple of weeks back when one of my kids turned to the other and just kneed him in the crotch for no reason.

I have this big pimple thing on my nose and kids from both classes asked me today "What happened to your nose?" Ya gotta love kids...no tact but plenty of honesty. I told them a chipmunk bit me.

We finished reading The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe today. They loved it and are now all psyched to see the movie. They also want to read the rest of those books but it's just too high of a level for most of them to read independently.

That's about all I've got. Back to MNF.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home