Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Fear not, I'm alive! I've just had a very busy week and wasn't able to post yesterday. I was up at school until past 4:30 and I had a continuing education type class that I had to go to at 5pm and I got home around 9pm. That was just real bad timing for that class. Not only did I not get to vote, I also didn't get to spend any time working on my progress reports that had to go out today. I was scrambling to get them out but it ended up ok.

Kids were kinda strange today... acting sorta sneaky and weird to each other.

This one girl today told me that her stomach hurt. I told her she should try and go to the bathroom. Then we went to the computer lab. She said she felt like she was going to throw up so I told her to go to the bathroom. She went and came back really quick and just continued her typing. Then I look around about 15 minutes later and she was gone again. I went and asked her if she was ok and she told me that she'd thrown up three times that afternoon. Why the heck did she not tell me this?! That's not really the sneakiness that I was talking about...that's just weird.

There was just kind of an air of enmity today I guess you could say. I don't know..I saw one kid who had his hands around another kids neck in a choking position. He claimed to be playing but that kind of stuff was happening all day. Then one girl made another one cry by saying that she's failing in front of the whole class. Etc.. etc...

These kids are obsessed with this book sale we're having this week. They're constantly asking me "Can I go to the book sale? Can I go to the book sale?!" I've never wanted more for my class to be illiterate.

The good thing about it though is that two of the kids gave me gift certificates to spend there for whatever reason. That's nice...about 15 bucks total.

We read two very dramatic chapters of our book today. I think some of the kids were crying and then in the second chapter many of them were laughing. It's kind of fun to see them so engrossed in the book.

Yesterday I went and observed another teacher doing a specific method of teaching english. It's a really great method. I'd like to do it myself...I don't know if I'll be able to effectively implement it without proper training but I might try. This thing basically teaches itself...it's pretty amazing.

Ok, dudes, later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home