Monday, October 24, 2005

Today was one of those restless days where the kids just won't stop talking all day and aren't following directions etc.. I'm getting another new student this week. He sounds like he could be...er..challenging perhaps.

I was so sleepy today. All the 4th grade teachers had a meeting with the principal during our conference period and I could barely keep my eyes open. Falling asleep during a meeting with your principal is probably not good. Luckily I don't think she noticed.

Oh yeah, I had the principal come in and observe me teaching today. My lesson was really pretty lame, I think. Hopefully I can come up with something more creative next time. Seriously though...my day to day lessons are typically better than that. I don't know what I was thinking. I should have had her come last week when I was doing all the cool electricity experiments. Today we were just talking about "characteristics of living things." Pretty dry stuff.

One kind of funny thing happened today. During our reading time reading our novel I was enouraging the kids to read with expression instead of like monotone robots (the usual). This one kid, bless his heart...he really tried but it was hilarious. He was just putting the emphasis, exclamations and expressions on all the wrong words where it just didn't make sense. It was pretty amusing. He's kind of a stuttery, start and stop reader to begin with so it just wasn't working out for him. I appreciated his effort though..it's better than some of the robot readers.

I thinking my writing and english teaching is going to start coming together a little better now that I've had that training and I've got more of a method. I needed something more organized. Now I have focus.

I'm sleepy...later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home