Friday, November 04, 2005

This morning I woke up not sure whether I was going to hock a lugie or throw up. I'm just having all this drainage and junk. That's a nice way to start off today's entry isn't it? I know you were interested.

I finally broke down and wore the embroidered denim shirt today. On Fridays we can wear jeans and we're supposed to wear a shirt representing our school district. My usual t-shirt was dirty so I busted out the button-down, short sleeve embroidered denim shirt with the school logo on it. Man, that thing is not pretty. Oh well.

Today was "teacher appreciation day" so we got to take an hour and a half for lunch together while our PTA moms took our classes for us. So we went out to roadhouse type place for lunch. When I came back my class had all made cards for me. One of the cards ended with "I hope you know that you're not perfect." I couldn't quite make out another but it seemed to say "You're a god." Upon further inspection there's another word written smaller down below "You're a god." The word appears to be "theach." I believe they were trying to write "You're a good teacher." However, now it looks like a letter from a kid named Theach:

Dear _______,

You're a god

theach

There's all kinds of blasphemy going on in my class.

Another one of the cards called me a genius and had a cartoon portraying some sort of distorted character (which I believe is supposed to represent me) discovering a cure for the common cold. That's right...I'm a teacher by day, and a medical genius by night.

I have this one kid who always holds his book up in front of his face while he picks his nose. What does he think that we think he's doing behind that book that's 3 inches from his face with his other hand up there?! This is a daily event. The other day I saw another kid insert his finger into his nose, retrieve a booger and then insert his finger into his mouth. He was pretty stealth about it but I see all...I am a god you know...even if I'm not perfect. Theach says so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home