Thursday, September 08, 2005

Thank God tomorrow is Friday and I don't have to wear a tie. Sadly that's one of the things I look forward to the most. It stinks that men have to wear ties while women get away with wearing stuff that is not even CLOSE to being equivalent to the man's button down shirt and tie. Women are wearing t-shirts, capri pants, short casual skirts, etc... That's it, I'm wearing capri pants from now on.

The dreaded stomach virus is still claiming victims. Today I think I caught a kid getting wound up to hurl. He looked like he was about to pass out or something. I'm quite sure he probably blew chunks at some point after that. He never returned to my class after I sent him to the nurse. Apparently he was sitting next to the kid who threw up during assembly yesterday.

I want to take my guitar again tomorrow but I'm struggling to find a good song to play. Maybe another They Might Be Giants tune...they have a lot of fun stuff but I have to learn it tonight.

Yesterday and today I had kids illustrating tongue twisters (alliteration study) and we had some interesting pieces. One kid's tongue twister dealt with "Uri Udall's unicycle." I didn't have the heart to tell the kid that unicycles don't have five wheels. Another kid had a tongue twister about a guy drawing a vampire. For some reason this guy was surrounded by grenades and bazookas. I still haven't figured out where those come in. I'm all for creativity though...keep it up, tikes. One girl though was illustrating a tongue twister that talked about someone flipping flapjacks and I swear this little girl drew Adolf Hitler cooking pancakes. It's pretty bizarre looking. There's also a little baby Hitler cooking baby pancakes in the same picture. I'd post it here but I think that'd be a compromise of privacy or something.

Kids are awesome. Teaching rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home