Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Today was ok despite my nose running like a faucet all day. I assume it's allergies. I don't feel bad in any other way except a mild headache. I hate this though.. Maybe I need some different allergy medicine.

Did you know that Aristotle was the first sexist to classify animals? At least that's what it looked like one of my kids wrote on his worksheet that I graded today. I didn't even realize he was a sexist at all, much less the first one to classify animals. Things were probably different back in those days though. Aristotle could hang out in the game room with Socrates while the wife, Martha Totle, waited on them hand and foot. Anyway...

Two of my kids got these Star Wars digital watches from McDonald's and they're absolutely obsessed with them. They constantly stare at them and play with them. I had to take one up today because it was so distracting. I guess Douglas Adams was right when he classified us as "life forms...so amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches are a pretty neat idea."

I can't believe it's almost Thanksgiving! Only two days of school next week!

I just found out today that I was supposed to have been doing "Celebrate Freedom" lessons all this week. I think it's some kind of state law or something. Oops! I guess it will just have to be "Celebrate Friday" because tomorrow we're doing some benchmark testing during the normal social studies time. This is just another one of those things that I'm finding out as I go along.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home