Thursday, November 17, 2005

Today was a good day. I was in a pretty good mood this morning and my kids were behaving pretty well.

This morning I did some benchmark testing for social studies. So far they did really bad. I have all kinds of good excuses though so don't worry.

Today in the cafeteria they had a big Thanksgiving dinner with all the traditional dishes. A lot of the kids families and parents showed up to eat with them. I guess it's a tradition here to do that on the Thursday before Thanksgiving. After lunch one of my girls was crying. I took her out in the hallway and asked her why and she said she misses her real mom, who lives in another state. She said she saw all the other kids moms there eating lunch with them and it made her miss her mom. How sad.

Today we had a scheduled session with the counselor. She does these lessons on character and stuff and today it was a puppet show. I had to control the puppet from behind a curtain while she read a story. The kids were being pretty bad when we were setting up and I think the counselor got kinda mad. It was partially my fault because, unbeknownst to her, I was making the puppet look out at the kids from around the corner and scratch his head and stuff and they were laughing. Oops.

One of my kids took benadryl this morning and couldn't stay awake. I had her splash water on her face and get a drink but she was still falling asleep. I had her do jumping jacks after that and she was still falling asleep. Let's try non-drowsy meds next time, mkay?

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home