Friday, May 26, 2006

Today was the last day of school. It was a crazy day. I was on my feet and going nonstop for many hours. It took me a while to decompress afterwards. I was seriously just on full throttle all day.

This morning we had a kickball tournament. My class completely demolished every team. They just scored one run after another and won at least one game by more than 10 points.

After that they had lunch. Any time they had down time I was trying to get my room together. I'm changing to a different room so I have to move all my stuff.

The kids went to PE and I gobbled down some mexican food made by our custodial staff. That was nice. Then I went back to getting stuff together, trying to get report cards and everything else ready to pass out to the kids, etc...

At the end of the day I had a reflection time with them. They recalled their favorite things about the year, etc. Then I asked them if they could have changed one thing about the year what would it be. One kid pointed to this shelf that was a mess of games and puzzles. I said "What about it?" and he said "Organize it." Then another kid piped in with "Yeah, you need to be more organized." Ouch! I guess I've been shamed into action...at least I hope I have. Organization is not my strong suit.

After that I finished getting the report cards together, gave them out with a hug to each kid and said goodbye. Later on that afternoon some of the girls from the after-school program came back up and they were all crying. They came up to me all hugging me and just crying. Awwwwww.. A couple of them weren't even in my class.

One year down.

Mr. DigMe

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home