Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Today we had all this talk of frost and snow and these kids were nutso. We played a game to review for our upcoming science test. The other class that comes to me was just fine. They did great and played and worked together. My class was a different story. Every single answer and round was "You were wrong!" "Why'd you answer that?!" "I told you so!" Ugh. I know they're just 4th graders but the other class is so much more mature or something. My class just argues and starts stuff and reacts to each other in kneejerk fashion. Sometimes it gets real old. One kid started crying when I told him he had to sit out for arguing. He cries at the drop of a hat though.

It was cold today. It started out in the upper 40's and by noon was down to 28 degrees. That's cold here for this time of the year. And yet there was still A/C blowing into my room. The climate control in my room seems to have a mind of it's own. It bows down to no man's thermostat. Sometimes we freeze in there and sometimes we burn up.

I went to the grocery store this evening and by 5:30 or so the streets were already starting to freeze over. I was in the grocery store for 20 minutes and when I came out my windshield was already totally iced over. They've delayed the beginning of school tomorrow by a couple of hours. I now don't have to be there until 9:45. Cool. If that holds then it will still count as a full day that won't have to be made up at the end of the year.

I think the kids should be well prepared for the big science test now. If they still do poorly then oh well..I did all I could.

They're preparing for the big holiday music show. Two of my boys had to go practice dancing during recess. I went in today and they were singing some kind of song about Kwanza. I seriously doubt any of those kids or their parents celebrate Kwanza or even know what it is and yet...there they are...happily singing their lungs out about it.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home