Friday, January 27, 2006

Howdy. Forgot to check in yesterday. Oh well..pretty uneventful day I think. Oh yeah, the school board guy showed up at morning assembly yesterday. The 3rd graders sang him a song. We made him a poster. I think the kids still have no idea who that was.

Today was pretty busy. Every year on the 100th day of the school year the 1st graders have a "100th day parade." This apparently entails walking around the school with funny hats on and holding up 100 of something. Kids had 100 pennies, 100 piece jigsaw puzzles, 100 baseball cards, 100 pieces of candy etc... It was quite exciting or something. I had to cancel my spelling test because of it. I had the They Might Be Giants song "Robot Parade" in my head for the rest of the day after that. Too bad they didn't walk around like robots because the song wasn't very fitting as it is.

The no-homework cycle is neverending. Probably 10 names on the board today. Blah.

Something you may not know about me is that I'm a total coffee geek/snob. I grind my beans religiously every morning to make my coffee, I special order them from faraway places, I won't touch flavored coffees with a 10 foot pole, etc... Yeah, I'm a real nerd. Anyway, today I ordered a coffee roaster and 4lbs of raw coffee beans. I'm entering the obsessive world of coffee roasting. We'll see how it goes. Hopefully it will work out because you can get absolutely top notch raw coffee beans for 4 to 6 dollars a pound. The kind of beans that, if they were roasted, would cost probably 10 to 15 bucks. You can get really premium stuff like Kona, etc.. for cheaper as well. Wish me luck.

That was irrelevant to teaching but oh well.

Tomorrow is our big Winter Carnival. I have to go up and work the ticket booth. Wheeeee.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home