Monday, January 23, 2006

Today was a Monday. I couldn't seem to really get my brain working on all cylinders today. I just kept making these dumb mistakes, mostly in my speech. Confusing kids' names and telling kids to do things they'd already done... Am I already heading towards alzheimer's?

I'm doing the tutoring on Monday and Wednesday afternoons now. That went pretty well. As long as I have a plan then it's not too stressful and I have each group of kids for no more than 15 minutes on a rotating schedule. I think it's good because they can get little chunks at a time and it doesn't require all that much planning on my part.

Tomorrow we continue the endless testing with more practice for the standardized tests. Blech..

What's up with the extreme prevalence of wigs in the african-american culture? My friend brought this up the other day and today I noticed an african-american girl wearing just about the worst wig/extensions I've ever seen. It looked like some bad halloween wig just plopped onto her head. Is that bad of me to say?

I'm currently trying to get social studies books for all my kids. We've been sharing up to this point. Turns out there are none left. We don't have enough for each kid in the school to have one. Oh well..

Ok, I'm out. Not that much exciting happened today. Maybe I'll try and shake it up tomorrow for your entertainment. :P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home