Thursday, February 16, 2006

I think I've found a new method for controlling their talking in at least one place - the hallway. Today we were walking down the hall and they weren't behaving so I made them turn around, walk back upstairs to the room and try it again. They hated that and were perfect the second time. Too bad I can't do something like that in the classroom.

We started back on science today. We rotate social studies and science every four and a half weeks. Science is so much more fun and we actually had fun during that time I think. Tomorrow I hope to do an experiment or two. We're studying rocks. I started out by writing "Science ROCKS!" on the board and yelling that. They all cheered. I yelled it again and they sorta cheered a little. Then I said "No, seriously, science rocks." And I then placed a ':' on the board after science and handed out an info sheet on rocks. They got it after a few minutes. I'm cheesy, I know.

Just a couple of days until our first big official standardized test. Today the 4th grade teachers went to our little mandatory training on what we can and can't do in the test. It was actually kind of fun because we were joking around the whole time. I don't know if our instructor thought it was as funny as we did.

I'm nervous about this test. I don't know how my kids are going to do. I just hope mine aren't the worst ones.

That's about all I've got to say. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home