Wednesday, February 08, 2006

My last 3 days have been so incredibly busy. I haven't even had time to think about blogging. For the most part I've been away from home from 7:30-9:00ish every day. Bleh. I finally have some free time tomorrow after work but I really need to get to the gym...also I realized I have a headlight out on my car so I need to take care of that.

Anyway...school has been going ok. I've just been getting really sick of my entire class completely ignoring directions and whatnot this week. It's been getting really bad. I cracked down today and said anyone who doesn't follow directions the first time given will lose half of recess tomorrow. I gave out two of those and could have given out more. I don't get it. I've been starting out the days in a great mood, trying to be contagiously upbeat, but the kids just seem to be indifferent to it. I love my kids, I want to show them that, but sometimes I also just want to grab them and shake them just once. This is probably what it's like to have kids of your own to some extent.

I went and observed one of my fellow teachers teaching yesterday. He's really good with reading and writing. I liked one of his ideas so much that I went straight back to my class and did it with them. :)

Today was class picture day. You know..when we all take our picture together? One of my kids (one of my worst behaved) actually wore a full suit and patent leather shoes. Yeah, the suit was ill fitting and he was wearing white athletic socks but I was still impressed nonetheless. I had two other kids who wore ties. Maybe I can turn that into a tradition for my class as always being the sharpest looking class on class picture day. Next year I'll say "We looked the best last year so let's see if we can do it again this year," and see how many other kids wear ill-fitting suits and white athletic socks. He ditched the suit and put wadded the suit coat up in his backpack as soon as the picture was done. One of the other kids took his clip-on tie off and attached it to the back of his pants like a tail.

Ok, I'm out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home