Wednesday, February 22, 2006

So I got observed today by the boss lady. It went really great. She left me a note that said it was a lot of fun and she told me it was a pleasure to start out her day in there. That's a load off!

I'm glad she came to the class that comes to me for an hour and a half because (as I predicted) it went much smoother than my home room class...maturity levels and all.

Today, I taught my classes a new song I wrote for science. We're studying rocks. I took the tune of Queen's "We Will Rock You! and changed it to "We Know Rocks, Dude!" They loved it. The verses talk about the different type of rocks and whatnot. I had them beating the "We Will Rock" you rhythm/clap thing and some of those kids can't keep rhythm to save their lives. They also had a hard time with vocal rhythm. It comes so easy to me as a musician that I forget how undeveloped most of them probably are in that kind of stuff. I just repeated it and had them repeat a lot and they picked it up. Well, the first verse at least. I'll be teaching them the next few over the next couple of weeks.

Out.

1 Comments:

At 5:32 AM, Blogger DigMe said...

Riiiiiiiiight.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home