Thursday, March 02, 2006

This morning I had nothing clean and ironed to wear. Luckily I had a couple of "blue jeans" coupons. That's pathetic that going casual was the highlight of my day.

So the kids came in this morning and had a completely new desk arrangement and seats. I think I've mostly got good positions for everyone. I kind of broke up the cliques and whatnot. They were excited when they first came in and saw it but I think they weren't all that excited as each one saw who they were sitting next to.

I had to stay and do tutoring again today. The teacher I'm doing it with isn't all that into planning interesting stuff which means that so far we're just going through a workbook with the kids. I'm going to try and get some more interesting lessons together I think.

I think it's about time to make a general announcement to the class: "NO MORE NOSE-PICKING." If they were at all discreet about it then I would be ok but it's ridiculous. They'll hold one hand up in front of their nose and dig in with the other as if people can't tell what they're doing. Today a kid was doing that and eating the boogers. I have another kid I've mentioned before who routinely holds a book about an inch from his face while he picks his nose. C'mon, people. Save it for the bathroom or use a kleenex. One of my coworkers said she once sent a behavior folder home with marks for "Excessive nose picking."

That's all I've got.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home